This flavorful and easy-to-make Chicken Karahi Recipe is sure to impress your guests. It is so delicious that it will become a family favorite.
This classic Pakistani dish is made with tender, juicy chicken, freshly chopped garlic and ginger, tangy tomato sauce and a blend of aromatic spices. It is served with chapati or naan bread.
- 1 kg Chicken
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2-3 large onions, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, slit
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot or karahi over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the spices and mix until combined.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until it is cooked through and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, green chilies and salt and mix until combined.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander leaves, stir and remove from the heat.
- Serve with chapati or naan. Enjoy!